The Bahrain Olympic Committee is responsible for providing an effective administrative system for the sound governance and development of all Sports Federations and Associations in the Kingdom of Bahrain. This includes promoting and supporting investment in sport, and applying global best practice in sports professionalism. These National Sports Bodies play an important role in encouraging the regular practice of sport by all people in the Kingdom, regardless of gender, age, religion, social background and economic status. This helps to increase sports participation and expand the base of athletes in Bahrain.
National Sports Federations and Associations also contribute to a stimulating environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue sporting excellence at a national, regional, continental and international level.
- Supporting and assisting the entities subject to the supervision of the committee to develop administrative work
- Enhancing the role of sports in supporting the national economy
- Spreading sports culture in society
- Activating local and international partnerships to enhance the role and position of the Bahrain Olympic Committee
- Supporting unions to have achievements at various levels
- Providing sports education and training